Sunday, August 29, 2010

19 weeks and counting

We are now 19 weeks along! I really need to get better at updating this thing especially when the baby is here. So far so good, no problems and no real pregnancy symptoms (which I am very thankful for!).  Besides having to give myself blood thinner shots every morning the pregnancy has really been a breeze. I'm hoping that the labor part can be just as much of a breeze.  I will be attempting (very hard, it's something I really really want to do) to have the baby as naturally as possible.  The doctor that I am going to is great and very pro-natural birth so I know that I will be able to have the birthing experience I want as long as there are no complications.  I am actually going to be delivering the baby using the hypnobirthing method, I'm kind of excited haha. The farther along in the pregnancy we get the more excited we are.
       I've been able to feel the baby, very faintly, the last couple of weeks and for about the last 2 weeks can sometimes feel her kick pretty hard.  Jared hasn't been able to feel her yet but I keep grabbing his hand when I feel the hard kicks just in case.  I know he's way excited to be able to feel her and have her.  
      The biggest surprise that has happened since finding out about the pregnancy was that the baby is a girl!! Jared and I could have sworn up and down that the baby was a boy. I couldn't even look at girl clothes and would just walk straight through them so it definitely caught us off guard.  We found out at 16 weeks 3 days and it has, just in the last week, started to really feel like it.  I'm still attracted to boy things but I think that's because for 12 weeks we thought it was a boy and like I told Jared, I'm just happy we have 24 weeks to prepare ourselves that it's a girl.  
        Other than the pregnancy, Jared has been able to hike the narrows and go jet skiing with some family up in Utah.  The narrows is something I've wanted to do the past couple of years but decided the risk isn't worth it right now, I will just do it next summer.  This October he will also be participating in the Ragnar Relay that I've been wanting to do so bad.... go figure he does these things once I can't lol.  At least he's doing them though and I keep telling him that since he will have already done them they should be easier for him next summer when I can finally do them to :D.

No comments:

Post a Comment