Friday, January 16, 2009

Poppin' the Question

So now that everyone knows how Jared and I started together here comes the fun part - the engagement! of course I knew that it was coming but it was just a matter of when and how. First I thought well Thanksgiving is coming up, maybe around then, but no, and then Christmas and still no, so I decided to stop guessing and just let it happen. On New Year's Eve Jared asked me if I would want to hang out with his friends that night because they were all going to go up to the Las Vegas Temple to watch the fireworks on the strip. I agreed and so at 11 p.m. we headed up to the temple... with no blankets. After about 3 minutes of sitting outside I have the bright idea that Jared should ask Jake to bring some blankets, so Jared sends a text and about a minute later tells me that Jake is bringing them. Now, since he actually texted him I really didn't think he'd be doing it that night, especially since friends were coming and we wouldn't be alone. 5 minutes til midnight and I am watching every car that turns down the street and am losing my patience with Jake because I'm cold. Jared then asks me what my New Year's Resolution is and what I want from the New Year. I tell him that I want to drink less Dr. Pepper (yea, like that's going to happen) and work out more, the same one that everyone else has. The fireworks start to go off and then the big moment. He looks at me and tells me that he wants to start the new year off right, kneels down on one knee, takes a box out of his pocket and asks me to marry him. And of course I said yes. So now comes the wedding planning. November 20 here I come :D. --- by the way, afterwards, on our way home Jared finally tells me that he never actually texted Jake, instead it was Google... he did it to trick me so I would keep believing him! Well, it worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment