Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Endowments

On November 14, 2009, Jared and I went to the temple to take out our endowments! Without going into a lot of detail it was actually not as weird as I thought it would be and it was definitely a great experience. We had originally scheduled the endowments for 9 in the morning but I found out my uncle Kevin and aunt Jessica were flying in at 9 so we pushed them back to 3 in the afternoon. I am soo glad that we were able to move the times and that they were able to come and be a part of the process :D My aunts Bonnie, Tia, Katie and Jessica were there and my uncles Scott, SheKenny, Mike and Kevin. I had my cousin Amber there as well, she was my escort and Jared's dad (his escort) and his friend Jake were there. It meant so much to me that they were willing to come share this experience with me and Jared. It was something that I never forget and i cannot wait to watch my children do.

After the endowments we had a family dinner with my family and Jared's family at my aunt Bonnie's house. One thing I've always known but it definitely hit me with all this wedding stuff going on is that I have one huge family but every single person is more than willing to help out another when needed. The day was great and I did realize soon after that it is definitely going to take some getting used to wearing these garments! :D

1 comment:

  1. Yes! I remember feeling like my clothes felt weird over them, but after a while it feels weird when you take them off! We are so happy for you guys and so proud of you for all that you are doing in your lives! We feel lucky to have been there this weekend!

    ReplyDelete