I know, I keep saying that I will get better at blogging but I must admit that I am an epic fail at it! Maybe (hopefully) when I have kids I will be better... maybe. Until then, sorry!
Not much new going on, Jared and I are still just plugging away at the house, getting things taken care of and trying to get it under control. I keep telling myself that I need to start taking before and after pictures of what we have done but it never happens and there has already been so much done that it probably wouldn't even be able to show the magnitude of what we have done since buying it. The last couple of weeks have been trying to get the garage taken care of. The entire garage (including the ceilings) was painted off white and has not been painted since it was built so it had yellowed. The previous owner had put make shift shelves and work benches in so there was a lot of nails holes... on one of the benches he had even built the thing with ONLY liquid nail... no screws... no nails, just liquid nail. That of course took some of the wall off with it so Jared took everything out of the garage and off the walls and re-textured the parts that needed to be and then painted the entire thing white. We are now painting the walls blue and this Friday will lay the epoxy floor coating :D Once that is dry (maybe sometime next week) we will be able to start building the work benches that we want and also the laundry system I want. Which brings the next project... moving the washer and dryer from the kitchen to the garage. This is something that I am soo excited for because we will then turn the old laundry area to a HUGE pantry for me :D :D :D This is definitely a must because the only pantry I have now is a small cupboard. I am very excited for this! Once that is all done we should be able to bring over Jared's Chevelle and he can finally have somewhere to baby his baby lol
Another thing that I am really excited about is the Logandale Fair this weekend. I have never been and have wanted to go for awhile. We had figured that laying the epoxy flooring on Friday night would be perfect (it takes 48 hours to cure) because we would be able to go to the fair on Saturday and since we were halfway to Zion already we could go up there on Sunday to go hiking and then come back. Did I say that I was excited! I love hiking! :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay for Zion & yay for hiking!!! perfect combo, it should be absolutely gorgeous right now!! :)
ReplyDelete